Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RRCSA Video

I mentioned a few blog posts ago that I was involved in a marketing campaign with the Red River College Students' Association, to try and get better nominee and voter turnout for this year's election. I posted a radio spot that I wrote and produced (around a week ago), which is now in rotation on KICK FM. I also mentioned that I was producing a video for the campaign, and that I would post it here.

Now, I'm not very proud of this video, mainly because I find it to be boring and drab (even though those things might be the same thing, it's worth mentioning twice).

I'm glad I did the video, because it was good writing and on-air experience, even though I have no delusions about being an on-air personality. My friend Doug from Tripwire Media Group thinks that I hate the video because I don't like seeing myself on video. He's right, but I also can't stand the sound of my own voice (at least when I can't put it in Pro Tools and work it with my magic). Also, it was the first time I’ve used Final Cut Pro, which is much more different from Adobe Premiere Pro than I was lead on to believe.

Thanks to Tripwire for donating their time to shoot the video, which took all of 20 minutes to capture. Thanks to their intern from ABC who was much nicer to work with than Doug or Dave (JK, I love you two so very much).

Here's the video, in all of it's not-so-glorious state. Please let me know what you think, even if you hate it (especially if you hate it):


RRCSA Nominations Video from Chris Gaudry on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. GOGE! Nicely done buddy...

    I don't think I was supposed to laugh at this video, but seeing your pretty mug I couldn't help it.

    Seriously though, good job man! Well spoken as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter is a good reaction; I'm glad it evoked some sort of emotion, other than boring.... you can't actually tell in the video, but I'm not wearing any pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have written some pants into the script; rookie error. Also, I should have written some posture into the script. I've I was slouching anymore I would be lying on the ground.

    ReplyDelete