Saturday, February 6, 2010

RRCSA Elections Campaign

In addition to being crazy busy with school work this past two weeks, I've also been working on a marketing initiative with the RRCSA.



The SA needed some people to help produce some media that will get the message out about the upcoming nomination period for the RRC elections in April. The need to inform students about how to nominate, or run for an elected post is very big, considering two of the VP positions were awarded uncontested last year.



The first part that I was able to help with was writing and producing a radio spot. I have to say, Rick @ KICK was a huge part of making this aspect of the initiative work. I didn't have to sell him on the idea of running the spot, he was willing to help out with the cause, I didn't even have to take out my groveling hat.

The biggest challenge in producing this spot was getting an angle on "the sell", while ensuring that there is a ton of information, all packed into a 30 second spot. I ended up cutting out an entire phrase in order to get it to 30 seconds. I was hoping to put a greater emphasis on the idea that two paid, part times jobs were awarded to the only two people that applied for them.



So here's the spot that is running in heavy rotation on KICK:





Next week I will post the video that I produced for the campaign (but I have to finish editing it first).

No comments:

Post a Comment