Wednesday, September 9, 2009

the blog I never thought would come

I admit, I probably wouldn't have a blog if it wasn't a CreCom mandate. It's not because I don't think blogs are a good idea, quite the opposite. I'm all for free speech, free mediums for people to express and share ideas, and well pretty much anything that is free (I'm a true 'pegger; "thrifty"). It just seemed pretentious for me to start a blog that people might read, without bothering to read other people’s blogs. That will change now that I'm on the publishing end.

I'm actually very excited to write about a topic that I'm super passionate about. I'm not actually concerned about whether people will read this or not. If by chance something I write here stems into a constructive debate, then it was totally worthwhile.

The reason I chose a music geek theme for my first blog is because I’ve been recording and playing music in various capacities for about 15 years. I toured with a band called the Velvet Pill around 7 years ago (I think I just dated myself), and more recently produced and recorded an album for Winnipeg band the Shouting Ground.

I'm also interested in video production and have produced a few videos for my past employer. Here's an example of one:





Feel free to let me know if you have any interesting topics for my blog.

I plan to get thick into music geek speak with my first real post.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. neato blizog c-dogg! cool video! yeah i hope we get to learn making videos in class so i don't have to use windows movie maker to make my family's videos lol. don't get me wrong, i think the zigzag pattern on the transitions microsoft offers in wmv is super A++ haha.

    ReplyDelete