Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm gittin hitched!

This August, I am getting married. And we wouldn't be Manitobans if we didn't have a social.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big fan of Manitoba socials. Usually, community centers make me feel like I'm at a sock hop, and the same "stuck in the middle", "brown eyed girl" and what-not songs don't do anything to inspire.

So, in honour of my wedding, my band (from years ago) are reuniting for one last time. This will actually be our ten year anniversary from the date of our first show together. It's going to be a blast!!! Hoping that by having a kick-ass rock band at the social, we will be mixing it up a bit.

There will be some aspects to the social that are similar to the regular Manitoba social; like a silent auction, and everybody's favorite midnight snack... but we are going to be posting the winning tickets for the silent auction, not buzz-killing the evening by reading out the numbers, and the food spread will surely please the huddled masses (or drunk masses for that matter).

Hoping everyone in Winnipeg can make it.

Here is the Facebook page with all the info: Fun Times

No comments:

Post a Comment